Preparation is 90% of winning.
90% of winning in the courtroom is what you do before you get there. So, consistent with our Lion Values, we always prepare well ahead of time for any court appearances. We automatically schedule a preparation appointment for approximately two weeks before court with the client and the attorney on file when a court date is set.
Our default is to schedule all preparation appointments in person, but if you want a zoom or phone preparation appointment, we can do that too. Preparation appointments are scheduled approximately two weeks (ten business days) prior to the court date. The length of your preparation appointment depends on the kind of matter and the kind of hearing.
Two weeks is usually the sweet spot for preparation. It is enough time to get exhibits together and subpoena witnesses after the preparation appointment, but it is not so far before the court date that you or we forget our strategy and testimony by the time court rolls around.
The preparation appointment is the time when we:
- Narrow the issues to be litigated
- Finalize our theory of the case and how we intend to present it
- Finalize the names and order of the witnesses
- Finalize what each witness will testify about
- Finalize the exhibits we will present, and through which witnesses we will present them
- Prepare and practice the client’s testimony
- Review the applicable legal standard and burdens of proof in your matter
- Determine the most likely outcome
- Discuss any settlement negotiations, if there are any
- Issue subpoenas for witnesses who are not coming voluntarily
These appointments are critical to a smooth process and confident clients. Knowing we are prepared for court when we walk up the courthouse steps is key to securing a win.
We Can Help
Our attorneys are experts, and are here for you with straight talk, predictable cost, and superior services. We promise to tell you what the most likely outcome is up front, and to be open and transparent in our communications with you until your case is resolved.
Our approach to practicing law is revolutionizing the way law firms deliver legal services. Case evaluations are completely free. Call Lion Legal today at (501) 227-7627 or Email Us to set up a free consultation.